The Terrace is open
Finally, the Terrace opens, a summer sidewalk restaurant with Stockholm's best view. We serve food with influences from southern Europe and world-class cocktails. This summer, the experience will be enhanced with both guest appearances and music experiences.
The terrace is open every day between 11.30 am and 10 pm until 31 August. We also serve a lunch dish for SEK 165 Monday - Friday from 11.30am to 2 pm
Easter in Stockholm
Tons of Swedish "smågodis" candy, colourful feathers and loads of food! i.e. the Easter weekend is just around the corner. Here at the hotel, we're celebrating with a delicious Easter Buffet at the Veranda, the Easter bunny visiting the lobby, lots of seasonal trimmings and flowers, sleep-ins and cosy spa hangouts.
Besides all the fun here at the hotel, there are a wide selection of activitites around the city. VisitStockholm is listing most of them. What about an Easter holiday hunt at the Royal Castle, or a chocolate tasting at Chokladfabriken (the Chocolate Factory)?
We hope to see you this Easter!
Mid winter break
In Stockholm for the week? Let's visit some of Stockholm's lovely museums and enjoy a cosy, long lunch. In Sweden we have the priviledge to offer a lot of our cultural heritage without any further admissions. Here are some examples:
- Rosendals Trädgårdskafé Djurgården (Beautiful garden)
- Långa Raden Skeppsholmen (Classic Swedish Cuisine)
- Matgatan 22 Old Town (Great if you're going with the kids)
- Phở & Bún Old Town (Vietnamese Cuisine)
Picture: Stockholms Bildbank
Micheln Star shower
Chef Bjorn Frantzén and his eponymous restaurant became Sweden's first ever three-Michelin-star restaurant when The Michelin Guide to the Nordic Countries 2018 was released. Mathias Dahlgren’s Matbaren at Grand Hôtel was awarded with a 9th consecutive Michelin star.
The complete list of Stockholm’s Michelin Star Restaurants
Three stars Frantzén
Two Stars Oaxen
One Star Agrikultur, Aloë, Ekstedt, Esperanto, Gastrologik, Imouto, Matbaren, Operakällaren, Sushi Sho, Volt
Love is in the air
February 14th. The day of L.O.V.E.
We don't think there's any better way to celebrate this very day than at a 5-star luxury hotel in the heart of Stockholm.
How to spend your day at the hotel?
1. Enter the hotel at lunch. Leave your luggage with one of our lovely portiers. You will get access to your room from 3 pm.
2. Check in, dress up in your fanciest swimming suites and wave hello to our Spa.
3. Drink something bubbly in the Relax area in between the sauna visits.
4. Wait... the clock says 5 pm! Boy, time flies while having fun. Get your keys and ask to get the luggage delivered to your room.
5. No stress. Your dinner reservation at the Veranda isn't until 7 pm. You have loads of time to admire the beautiful view from your room and... well.
6. Pre dinner drinks at the Cadier bar. Bartender's choice: Bittersweet Maryrose.
7. Dinner at the Veranda.
8. Another Bittersweet Maryrose. Or two.
9. Nightie night! Time to sleep.
10. ZzZZzleep in.
11. Breakfast time! Of course there's a generous breakfast buffet ready for you at the Veranda. Breakfast in bed sounds quite nice though... No probs! Only one phone call away. Room Service at your service.
12. Back at it at the Spa. Let the heated pool gently caress your well rested bodies.
13. 12 pm and time to say good bye. Hope to see you soon!
Fettisdagen (The Fat Tuesday) is coming! In Sweden that means Semlor. Loads of them. A traditional Swedish pastry of sweet wheat dough with cardamom, cut in half, stuffed with almond paste and whipped cream.
A must-try! Here you'll find three quality guaranteed Semlor:
1. Green Rabbit, Tegnérgatan 17
2. Konditori Ritorno, Odengatan 80
3. Stinas Bageri, Frejgatan 46
Picture: Clara & Co