The Veranda’s smörgåsbord
The Veranda offers a smörgåsbord with all the trimmings – from herring dishes and gravlax to meatballs with lingonberry jam. With it, make sure to try our very own snaps, 1874 Grand Aquavit, spiced with caraway, anise and fennel.
Smörgåsbord SEK 485.
The Smörgåsbord is served:
February: Weekdays 6pm-10pm Weekends 1pm–4pm & 6pm–10pm
March - April: Weekdays 6pm–10pm Weekends 1pm–4pm & 6pm–10pm
May - August: Weekdays 12noon–3pm & 6pm–10pm. Weekends 1pm–4pm & 6pm–10pm
September - November: Weekdays 6pm–10pm. Weekends 1pm–4pm & 6pm–10pm
* The smörgåsbord is not served during the periods for other themed menus.
The art of enjoying a smörgåsbord
- Everything is delicious, but start with your favourites. It’s easy to overdo it.
- Make sure to make room for all the courses. Make several trips to the table, taking a clean plate each time.
- Start with the herring dishes, traditionally served with hot new potatoes, crisp bread and cheese. Accompany it with the perfect libation, a cold beer or homemade snaps.
- Then it’s time for the gravlax with hovmästare sauce. Don’t miss the smoked salmon with pressed lemons.
- Now sample the salads, egg dishes and charcuterie.
- On to the hot dishes! Don’t miss our homemade meatballs with lingonberry jam.
- For dessert we recommend a little of everything, but he fruit salad is a must. Finish off with a cup of coffee and an ice-cold punsch. Skål!