The Veranda’s smörgåsbord
The Veranda offers a smörgåsbord with all the trimmings – from herring dishes and gravlax to meatballs with lingonberry jam. With it, make sure to try our very own snaps, 1874 Grand Aquavit, spiced with caraway, anise and fennel. The Smörgåsbord will be served in the Bolinder Palace from June 1st due to the renovation of the Veranda.
Smörgåsbord SEK 445 per person for lunch and SEK 475 for dinner.
The Smörgåsbord is served*:
June - August: Weekdays Noon - 4 pm, 6 pm - 10 pm, weekends 1 - 4 pm and 6 - 10 pm
September - November until the Christmas buffet starts: Weekdays 6 pm - 10 pm,
weekends 1 - 4 pm and 6 - 10 pm
* The smörgåsbord is not served during the periods for other themed menus.
The art of enjoying a smörgåsbord
- Everything is delicious, but start with your favourites. It’s easy to overdo it.
- Make sure to make room for all the courses. Make several trips to the table, taking a clean plate each time.
- Start with the herring dishes, traditionally served with hot new potatoes, crisp bread and cheese. Accompany it with the perfect libation, a cold beer or homemade snaps.
- Then it’s time for the gravlax with hovmästare sauce. Don’t miss the smoked salmon with pressed lemons.
- Now sample the salads, egg dishes and charcuterie.
- On to the hot dishes! Don’t miss our homemade meatballs with lingonberry jam.
- For dessert we recommend a little of everything, but he fruit salad is a must. Finish off with a cup of coffee and an ice-cold punsch. Skål!